Bitcoin Price Prediction and Forecast: Will Bitcoin rise above $30k this year?
Bitcoin Price Prediction: Detailed analysis of how Bitcoin gets its value, why is it volatile, what is its performance track record and most importantly, is it the right time to invest in Bitcoin?
BTC Price Prediction 2022 is $30,195
Crowd Poll Forecast for August: Only 36% believe BTC will rise above $30k
BTC Price Prediction 2025 is $64,309
BTC Price Prediction 2030 is $452,549
The Outlook for Bitcoin is Marginally Positive
BTC Predictions 2022, 2025, 2030 and Expert Forecasts
Bitcoin Price: Expert Predictions
- Kraken, $322478 (Timeframe unclear)
- OANDANo BTC rise until rate hikes
- Vijay Ayyar, LunoBTC to fall to $13k
- Michael Safai, Dexterity Capital, BTC to hit $10k
- Bitmex CEO BTC at 1 Million
- Deutsche Bank forecasts that BTC will rise to $28k by the end of this year.
- Arcane research: Bottom of $10,350 by Q4
- British Bookmakers (Betting Odds): Chance of Bitcoin below $20k by end of 2022: 58% (Very high)
- PWC Survey of Crypto Fund Managers – 77% are predicting Bitcoin above $50k by year-end
- Blockstream CEO Adam Black, Bitcoin will rise to $100k in 2022
- NEXO Co-Founder Antoni Trechev – $100k by June 2023
- bloomberg Intelligence – $100k by 2025
BTC price over the last 10 years
Bitcoin has delivered positive returns for most of the last 10 years.
Our aggregated forecast suggests that BTC price will rise to a maximum of $29,281 this year. In 2025, the maximum predicted Bitcoin price by our model is $62,953. In 2030, our model predicts the maximum price of 1 BTC to hit $447,766,
Bitcoin Price Prediction 2022
Bitcoin price is up 28% from the bottom in June. In fact, over the last 4 weeks, Bitcoin price has been making higher lows and higher highs.
The BTC Price Prediction 2022 is $30,195 This will change depending on the size and nature of any recession.
In 2022, the bitcoin price was in the mid $30k levels when the Fed announced it would reduce its balance sheet. It then fell far more steeply than in 2017 given that investors have a much wider range of options now than in 2017. In 2017, Bitcoin dominance was at 69% in June 2017. It was 42% in March 2022. A 100% rise from the bottom of 2022 could take Bitcoin to about $35k.
So Will Bitcoin rise again above $30k this year? The odds are quite high that Bitcoin will rise anywhere between $28k and $35k by the end of the year. The biggest risk to this forecast is a deep recession globally.
Bitcoin Prediction 2023
Gradual recovery is likely to continue in 2023 with Bitcoin price expected to rise to $42,968. Between June 2017 and Mar 2019 the Fed announced a reduction in the balance sheet and normalization respectively. During this period, Bitcoin price fell from $2408 to $1930 in the first month and a half and then rose to $19,500 over a 5 month period. However, prices fell again, and eventually, BTC price ended this period at $4087 which is a reasonable 100% higher than the bottom
Bitcoin Price Prediction 2025
Bitcoin momentum is likely to sustain in 2025 as economies recover. However, regulations are likely to increase as well. Our Bitcoin Price Prediction 2025 at $64,309. This is almost 178% higher
Bitcoin Price Forecast 2030
However, we expect a substantial bump between 2025 and 2030 when many middle-income countries are likely to invest substantial pools in the Bitcoin economy. The Bitcoin Prediction in 2030 is likely to be $452,549. This is almost 1854% higher
While the crash in prices would be a dampener in the short run, the long-run demand will continue to push the prices higher. Particularly so as the supply of Bitcoins being mined will fall by half in 2025, just 2 and half years from now. With reduced supply, the volatility is likely to diminish.
|Last 5 days||+5.5%|
|Last 5 days||+2.2%|
|Last 5 days||+10.1%|
BTC Prediction: Price Outlook
|Overall Outlook||Marginally Positive|
|1. Market’s Wisdom||Positive|
|1a. Market Data||Higher|
|1b. Technical Recommendation||Buy|
|2. Crowd’s Wisdom||neutral|
|2a. Crowd’s Buzz||Higher|
|Google Search Volumes||Higher|
|Social Media Buzz||Higher|
|2b, Social Media Sentiment||Lower|
What is Bitcoin?
- Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and was built on Blockchain Technology. It uses the concept of proof of work to reward its members
- Bitcoin uses a peer-to-peer network and does not have any central authority.
- The Bitcoin ledger is public and any person can store it on their computer.
- Anyone can create a Bitcoin token and can be transferred to any of the wallets however, the owners of bitcoin addresses cannot be identified, but any Bitcoin transaction made can be accessed by anyone, anywhere.
- There is no single ledger and anyone can store Bitcoin. The process of storing is called Mining and the ones storing are called miners.
- No approval is required for the completion of a Bitcoin transaction. It is done by the network itself without the interference of any third-party system.
- It is a limited resource of 21 Million Coins of which 19.1 Million are in supply
Why is Bitcoin Valuable?
There are many who think Bitcoin is actually of zero value. However, given its limited supply and increasing usage for payment, it does have value
- In Layman’s language, Bitcoin is like Gold hidden inside a computer network instead of a mine in Africa. The creator(s) deliberately created a limited number of them and created a whole range of difficult tasks to get them. Just like in real gold mining, Bitcoin mining becomes difficult if more people mine at the same time or as the number of BTCs keeps reducing. It cannot be used as ornaments, one of the big factors that drive Gold value.
- To solve this problem, the creators designed it in the form of a currency that is authenticated via a blockchain. Over the last few years, BTC has been increasingly used as an alternative to the US Dollar or other National Currencies. It is now accepted on payment by many companies around the world.
- There are differences with the National currency as well. The value of a national currency like the Dollar is enhanced or reduced by numerous factors – The number of dollars the Federal reserve prints, how the Fed manages interest rates, the performance of the economy, and so on. However, among these, the role of a Central Bank (like the Federal Reserve) is a crucial difference with respect to BTC. The Federal Reserve ensures that the Dollar does not undergo wild fluctuations in short periods of time so that households and businesses can manage their lives better. While BTC enjoys the absence of central control and therefore any form of voluntary devaluation, it suffers from more volatility.
Bitcoin Forecast: What factors influence Bitcoin Price?
|Factors that have a positive influence on BTC Price||Factors that have a Negative influence on BTC Price|
Inclusion in Mainstream ETFs
Supply of BTC from Miners (Lower)
Cost of producing a Bitcoin
BTC Domination (Higher)
|Inflation and higher interest rates
In-market issues like LUNA etc
Supply of BTC from Miners (Higher)
BTC Domination (Lower)
The Crypto market is easily affected by any geopolitical events happening around the world. Here are some factors that affect the price of Bitcoin:
Crypto news from around the world has affected the price of Bitcoin widely. Any good news about crypto like its adoption, or increased interest of the investors has led to a surge in the price of Bitcoin. At the same time any news regarding the ban of crypto in any country, and regulation against cryptocurrencies have led to a Bitcoin price crash.
Non-crypto news has also played a very important role in the price movement of Bitcoin. In early this year, Russia attacked Ukraine, this event turned out to be a Waterloo for Cryptocurrencies. The market started to crash since then and there has been almost no recovery. Along with it recently US Fed hiked the interest rate, this hike in interest rate led to the crash of the crypto market. Bitcoin price tumbled after the rate hike.
Bitcoin Forecast: Will Bitcoin crash again?
The crypto market is yet to recover. Bitcoin has fallen over 50% this year. However, the predicting Bitcoin crash or the market crash may not be wise as the crash depends upon several factors and the most important factor has been the decision of the US Government. In order to tackle inflation, the US government has taken several decisions including the increase in the Fed’s rate. Now, if the economy does not recover and the inflation remains high, the US Fed may take a few more harsh decisions which may impact not just the crypto market by also the commodity market. If there is an increase in the rate once again, the Bitcoin crash is inevitable.
It is often believed that one should buy low and sell high. But many times this theory may not work as often nobody knows what is the low and what may be the high. Therefore, for a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin that has the potential to rise higher, it is advisable to hold longer even if you have made some profit when the price has fallen or are at a loss because you brought BTC when the price was high.
Bitcoin is known to yield higher returns when an investor has stuck to it for a longer time. Profit in short term could merely be luck. It is advisable to hold on to the Bitcoin investment as the price may rise once the market condition starts to improve.
How to Invest in Bitcoins?
Getting Bitcoins has been made easier by the day. There are multiple exchanges offering Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Here is the steps to how to get Bitcoins:
the very first step to invest in Bitcoin is to choose an Exchange. There are multiple exchanges in the market. The most popular ones are:
Disclaimer: Please note that the contents of this article are not financial or investing advice. The information provided in this article is the author’s opinion only and should not be considered as offering trading or investing recommendations. We do not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. The cryptocurrency market suffers from high volatility and occasional arbitrary movements. Any investor, trader, or regular crypto users should research multiple viewpoints and be familiar with all local regulations before committing to an investment.